Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sunday Brunch: Crazy Little Thing Called Love

"This thing called love, I just can't handle it-This thing called love, I must get round to it-I ain't ready...Crazy little thing called love!" -Freddie Mercury

1) Are you currently married or involved with a significant other? Give specifics and length of time that you have been with that person.

As all readers of this blog already know, I am happily married. We have been married for six years. We were together for, I think, three years before that. And I have no qualms about not knowing how long we were together before that because Anne doesn't know either.


2) Where did you meet your significant other?

We met on what most people would call a blind date. Personally, I call it a sensory deprivation date.

A few days after my birthday my roommate Ed and I went out to eat at the Lonestar Steakhouse in Las Vegas. I was wearing my favorite hat. It has Goofy on it. Ed, ever being the matchmaker, asked our cute waitress if she would ever go out with someone who wore a hate like that. Of course she would, our waitress said. Except she was dating someone.

"But you'd be perfect for me roommate," she quickly followed up. "She's tall, too."

That was the entire premise for being set up with my future wife.

I gave our waitress my card and wrote my home phone number on it. About a week later I hadn't received a phone call. Ed talked me into going back there with him and we asked for the same waitress' station. She wasn't scared to see us, didn't have another waitress take over our table, or have us thrown out, so that must have been a somewhat good sign.

When asked about her roommate she said the card had been lost. I gave her another. A few days later I got a phone call from a charming young lady. We set up a date. I picked her up (which, surprisingly, she agreed to since she knew nothing about me - she should have met me at the restaurant). We had a great meal at a Mexican restaurant, talked, found out we had a lot in common, got along great, and have been together ever since.


3) What is your anniversary or special day of ANY kind and what did you do on that day with your significant other?

April 24 is our wedding anniversary. We got married on that day. Duh!

The most recent April 24, however, we didn't do much since we had just had a baby 19 days before. Anne's parents were in town so on the Saturday evening before we got away and had dinner at Tony Roma's.

Ah. Baby back ribs. What a romantic anniversary dinner.


4) What is the nicest thing that a person that you are or have been involved with has done for you?

Does "have my baby" count? Or is that too obvious?

Regardless, everything Anne does for me is extremely thoughtful. She always has some thought or hidden meaning behind any gift she buys me or little act of kindness she does for me.


5) Do you have a special song or movie or place with your significant other? Describe.

Not really. "Our song" at our wedding was really just a song we both liked a lot and thought it would be a good song for our first dance. We really don't have any "this is our..." things. Probably because everything is special when shared with the one you love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

What a sweet post.

Was that waitress anyone I've met?

When are we going to get more Sydney pictures. I bet she's growing and changing and I WANT TO SEE!!!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Tah said...

Anne tried to get ahold of Denae to invite her to our wedding. She moved back to California sometime shortly after Anne moved out of their apartment (and she and I moved in together - Anne and me, not Denae and me). She couldn't track her down until after the wedding, though.

So, no, you haven't met her.

And there is one new (though unflattering) picture posted before this blog entry was made. More will be coming. Eventually.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Oh how cute! Thank you for my grandma fix.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home