Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sunday Brunch: Summertime

"Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon... the two most beautiful words in the English language." -Henry James

1) What are your plans for the summer? Are you planning on taking any trips or vacations?

We aren't planning any trips this summer. Anne won't have much vacation time when she goes back to work next week. And we'll be having family visiting us throughout the summer to spend time with Sydney.

Oh, yeah. And a newborn baby doesn't make for easy travel.

There's an off chance we might take a weekend trip somewhere, but not likely.


2) What is your favorite summer activity?

Taking walks with my daughter (in her stroller, of course).


3) Do you sunburn easily or tan well?

When I was young and out in the sun a lot I tanned well. Now that I work all the time and I'm not outside as much I burn easily.


4) Do you enjoy the warmth and heat and rejoice in it, or shrivel away from it and stay indoors all summer long?

I enjoy the mild to warm summer days here. I like being outside when I can be. There comes a time when it's too hot. I don't think I've seen that point since I moved to Idaho, though. It was just about any summer day in Vegas. There's not a whole lot of point in being outside in 110- to 120-degree heat during the summer.


5) What is your least favorite thing about summer?

Having to work and not being able to enjoy it. And, of course, the end of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home