Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wave Bye-Bye

I'm home in the morning with Sydney. Anne gets home right about at noon and then I leave for work.

Usually Anne is there holding Sydney and we all say our good-byes. Frequently Anne will wave Sydney's arm for her and say, "Bye-bye, Daddy." Then I head off to the garage, get in the car, and back out the driveway.

The last several weeks Anne has then taken Sydney to the sofa in the front window to watch as I leave. As has been told here before - and shown (see that picture right below this paragraph)- Sydney enjoys being propped up on the back of the sofa to look around at the outside world as it goes by.

Sydney and Mommy Look Outside

In the picture, you can see the driveway in the right side of the window. I back out and then turn in front of the house to head up the street to the right.

Sydney always seems to sit up attentively and watch as I leave. Anne waves good-bye and also waves Sydney's arm good-bye.

On Tuesday (February 28) when I left for work they were in the window. Anne waved good-bye. Anne waved Sydney's arm good-bye. And then Sydney waved her own arm good-bye!

I was shocked. I was amazed. I was elated. I wasn't really sure that I saw what I saw. I waved again and Sydney waved again.

That was enough to melt my heart and put me in a terrific mood for the rest of my day.

Today (Wednesday, even though this won't be posted until after midnight so it will probably show it as a Thursday post) I asked Anne when she got home if I had seen correctly. I had. And then Sydney proceeded to do it again when I left for work today.

The last two days Sydney has been fighting a cold in addition to learning how to wave bye-bye. Monday night she woke up a few times before I got home and gave Anne some fits getting some sleep. When I got home she seemed to be sleeping fairly well, but was breathing heavily from the nasal congestion. She was restless and woke up a few times through the night, but put herself back to sleep without problem.

Tuesday her nose was really runny. She didn't have a fever, though, and seemed her fine, happy, regular self otherwise. Except maybe a bit more tired than usual. (Though she didn't nap well probably from not being able to breathe well.)

She slept hard and long Tuesday night and was a lot better today. Her nose was still running, but not with the volume she had on Tuesday.

On Tuesday because of the cold Sydney got indulged and spoiled a little by Mommy. After watching me leave they sat at the window for a while. Every time Anne went to get up Sydney would fuss and want to stay, so they stayed.

Sydney also got to play with some newspaper, which she never gets to do. She loves paper and will play with a piece almost constantly if we give her one. But newspaper is off-limits because of the newsprint. But Mommy felt sorry for her because of her cold, so she let her play with it when she managed to get a piece.

Sydney also got a nice, relaxing bath Tuesday night. She really likes getting a bath and gets so excited when Anne takes her into the bathroom to turn the water on. Tuesday's bath was in an exceptionally steamy bathroom (but not hotter water) to help Sydney breathe a little easier.

Sunday is Sydney's eleven-month birthday so you can probably expect an update Sunday night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

Love that picture. Love all of you!

So sorry that Sydney has a cold. Is this her first of the year? Hope she's getting better.

Sounds like Mom and Dad are taking very good care of her.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home