Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Sunday - Double Digits

Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday. It was also Sydney's ten-month birthday. She's hit double digits.

Sydney and Fievel at Ten Months

So there she is next to Fievel, as expected. Anne really loves those pants she's in. She thinks the bell-bottoms are just so cute on her. (Sydney has a pair of black ones, too.)

Have I mentioned that her one-year picture with Fievel will likely be the last one taken on a regular basis? She's so long now that there's not much sense in taking pictures next to Fievel anymore. But I'll stick it out for a year to get a full spectrum of pictures.

And as has become tradition more recently...

Sydney, Fievel and Octopus on the Bed

There are a few other pictures over on Picturetrail that are worth checking out, too.

We're still waiting on other teeth to come in. Sydney constantly has her hand in her mouth massaging her gums. When we can look in we can see her gums are white where the teeth are starting to push through. They just haven't come through yet.

Sydney is a trooper, though, and hardly seems bothered by all this. She just happily sticks her fingers in her mouth and occasionally sucks on the cold teething ring when we give her one.

Anne and I had a long weekend this week. I always take a couple extra days off around Super Bowl. It is my little vacation. Anne took Friday and Monday off with me. We had a couple friends over on Sunday to watch the game.

I am a Washington Redskins fan, but I do live in the Northwest now. I will admit that I was disappointed that Seattle lost. And that the referees had such a major influence over the outcome of the game.

And now I'm done with that.

The rest of the weekend was mostly spent working around the house. Even more so out in the garage.

Last week we got the garage insulated and dry walled. This weekend we mostly spent cleaning up, organizing and generally working out in the garage. We have new cabinets we put together. We power-washed the floor. (We're not going to put sealant on it because we won't be able to until late spring. We don't want to leave the garage emptied out in Grandma and Grandpa M's garage (they're not moved in yet) that long and don't want to move everything back out again to do it later.)

Over the next few weeks we'll be moving things back over from next door and organizing it. We'll be assembling the Bowflex we bought and hopefully starting to exercise and workout. We both need to exercise and workout more.

We're practicing with Sydney almost everyday on crawling. We put her up on her hands and knees. She can stay up for a minute or two on her own, but hasn't quite figured out the actually movements needed. When we crawl around her to show her she just laughs. And after a minute or so of being up like that she stretches out on her stomach (because we usually have a toy out there for her to try to crawl to) and then roles over onto her back.

We'll keep practicing and she'll get there eventually.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad suggests that you crawl out of the room and see if Sydney tries to follow. He has a feeling she doesn't like to be left out of an adventure.

I was a very late crawler. If memory serves me correctly, my mother said that I was about eighteen months old. I learned to crawl when we visited a baby who was crawling and I tried to copy him. Maybe I just chased him. I expect he got more attention than I.

I did talk and speak sentences at a very early age. I imagine I could not be bothered with becoming ambulatory at the same time I was learning to speak.

Sydney's energies may have been in growing rather than moving about.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home