Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lots of Catch Up

It's been a week and a half since I updated. Lots of things have been going on.

Grandma B came for a visit and was here for a week. It was a pleasure having her, as always. This trip she got to spend a lot of quality time with Sydney. She got to play with her, feed her, change her diaper, baby-sit her and spoil her as only a Grandma can.

A few days before she arrived Anne threw her back out. Some friends were kind enough to come over on Monday when I had to work to help Anne out. Then Grandma B arrived on Tuesday (for an already scheduled trip) to help out and take care of Sydney. By Wednesday Anne was well on the way to being mended.

Anne and I got a lot of appointments and errands out of the way during the week Grandma B was here. It was good to be able to be together alone even for a little while. (We even went out to dinner on a date on Saturday!)

While Grandma B was here Sydney got her first taste of carrots.

Sydney Eats Carrots

As you can guess, Sydney wasn't a big fan. Anne ended up diluting them a little by mixing them with rice cereal so she did eat a good serving of carrots. Season of Violet, Grandma B's blog, has a terrific entry about the carrots on October 29, 2005. Pictures included.

While Grandma B was here we also bought a new computer and a piano. The piano is an electronic mini-mini grand piano. It's only three-and-a-half feet deep. We have yet to move it into place, but it's set up and Anne plays it regularly. She's wanted a piano for some time.

I have a feeling Sydney will be playing it in a few years, too.

And, since Anne got the piano, I got a new computer. I got a great deal on one and got a great set up. I won't bore everyone with the technical specs of it. Suffice to say it's fast and has lots of memory.

It took me the better part of a week to get everything set up and back and running. My old hard drive from my old computer I had installed in the new computer as a secondary drive. That made it easy to copy the files I wanted saved from that drive to the new one.

Luckily, I was able to convert my old email files to the new hard drive. I was able to retrieve all email addresses and saved emails. Yay!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the file containing all my Favorites (or Bookmarks in Firefox). I have found about 90% of them again. Of the other 10%, they were sites I rarely went to anymore, so aren't a big loss. There are a few more I will remember over time and replace, though, even if I don't go to them as much as I used to. And, with the new set up, I have my Favorites sorted a little better than I did before. I still have to get used to the new order of things, but overall it's much better than the way I used to have them.

But enough of that. You probably want baby stuff, don't you?

Well, tomorrow is Halloween. Sydney won't be trick or treating. She is a little young, after all. I'll be working and Anne goes to bed so early there's not really a good chance to get her out. Or to answer our door for the trick or treaters. Anne bought a little bit of candy, but expects to stop answering and turn off the lights early.

We do have two Halloween costumes for Sydney despite the non-celebration factor for her. Today we pulled them out and tried them on her so we could get pictures regardless.

The first one is a Hershey Kiss. Or "Sydney Kiss" as the case may be.

Sydney Kiss

It was a little small for her. The body piece actually fit her fine, though it wasn't in the best shape. But as warm as we would have needed to dress her if we were going out, I'm not sure how well it would have fit. The headpiece definitely did not fit. The elastic piece in it was only about half as big as her head when stretched out. Just setting it on her head didn't work. In the picture you can see me holding the piece up.

The second costume is a jack-o-lantern jump suit. Or "Sydney-o-Lantern" if you prefer.


This was also too small. While it appears all right in the picture, that's because two of the snaps (over her diaper) in the back aren't - and can't be - snapped. It's a shame, though. It is very cute.

Next year I'm going to try and take Halloween off. And we're going to make sure to have a good costume for Sydney that fits.


Blogger Marguerite said...

Cute cute cute!

I know what you mean about rearranging your Favorites. After losing mine a week ago, I have a much better oganizational system now.

Also, my security is all under one package - Norton. Hopefully that will eliminate some of the software coordination problems I had before.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home