Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Baby Stuff and Pictures

There are a few new pictures over at my Picturetrail photo album.

Sydney Sitting Up

I laugh when I look at this picture. All I can think of is Sydney saying, "Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?"

Anyway, Sydney can now sit up by herself. A lot of it depends on her frame of mind. When she wants to she can sit up for several minutes without a problem. Other times she falls over without making an effort to sit up.

She started really sitting up a little over a week ago. On Saturday last week we had some friends stop over for a little while. While we sat in the living room and talked I had Sydney sitting on my leg on my lap. And she sat. And sat. And sat. I hardly supported her at all and she sat up for a good ten minutes with only a nudge or two from me. Just the day before while we were practicing she would barely sit up for five seconds before she's wobble over.

Unfortunately, rolling over isn't going as well. Developmentally speaking, Sydney is behind the general guidelines in that. Other than the one time she rolled from her stomach to her back on her own for Anne she has yet to roll over. According to the developmental guidelines she should have been doing it about a month ago.

But they are only guidelines. Anne and I aren't worried about it. She's ahead or right on track for most things. Just because she doesn't want to roll over yet doesn't bother us. We'll continue to work with her (which we have been a little lax in doing regularly) and she'll get there when she's ready.

Other than that I don't think there's anything to report.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw that pic, I was thinking she was a bit ahead of the curve on things. Already with the teeth and the sitting up...

beth

5:22 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

If she can sit up, then I'm sure she could roll over if she wanted to roll over.

Now I'm off to see the additional pictures. Thanks. I've been wanting to see some new ones.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Nice pictures! Grandma B is smiling now!

Especially love that picture of Sydney and Anne. They're both beautiful.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home