Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday Brunch and Catch Up

So, let's see. What's new to report?

Sydney's hand coordination is much improved. She regularly grabs toys and swings them around. She pulls them to her mouth and sucks on them. She sucks on her fingers (and thumb) and fist. She grabs Anne's hair sometimes when being held.

Syndey is holding her head up more regularly now. When we put her up on our shoulder to burp she will pull her head up and look around. When we sit her up on our lap to burp her she does the same. It still wobbles a little and she'll let it flop when she gets tired, but she's holding it up really well overall.

We've also got another little game we play with her. We will lay her on a pillow on our lap. We bring our knees up slightly so she's inclined then grab her hands. We hold her arms out in front of her and tug her up slightly. She can then pull herself up to a sitting position. She can't hold it very long or do it very often, but she does have the strength to pull up.

Smiling, laughing and talking are a lot more frequent now. When she talks she has a "purring" noise she makes in the back of her throat. I will be face-to-face over the top of her and when she makes this noise I repeat it. She will then repeat it again. We did it yesterday and today.

Other than all that there's not a lot of baby news to report. We're just looking forward to all the grandparents coming to visit. (And her cousin, too.)

----------

There is no Sunday Brunch this week because the lady who does it was too busy to put one together. But since I didn't do it last week I can just do that one!

"Health food makes me sick." -Calvin Trillin

1) What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

I think Arby's narrowly beats out Wendy's. Burger King is a distant third. If Subway counts as fast food (which I guess it should, though it is considerably healthier) that definitely beats out BK for third.


2) How many times per week do you eat fast food?

Maybe once, though occasionally twice.

I may stop to pick something up on my way in to work if I didn't get a chance to eat earlier. Usually on the weekends when we're running errands Anne and I eat lunch out. Maybe half the time it's fast food.


3) Describe your favorite fast food meal.

At Arby's I usually get two chicken, bacon and Swiss sandwiches. No sides, but a drink if I'm not taking it somewhere to eat.

Wendy's is usually a spicy chicken sandwich (no tomato) - maybe two - and a biggie fry. I'll make it a combo and get a drink if I'm eating there.

At Subway I usually get a club with cheddar cheese, onion, lettuce, green pepper, oil and just pepper. I mix up what I get at Subway more frequently than I do at the other places.


4) Do you always super-size your meal?

No. I get the biggie fries at Wendy's because they have the best French fries around. (Yes, better than Mickey D's.)


5) What is your least favorite fast food restaurant?

Carl's Jr.

I've eaten there a couple times and at no time have I found anything redeeming about the food.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

Grandma B can hardly wait to see all this hand coordination and hear all those wonderful baby noises.

Wish I had a spicy chicken sandwich right now. Yum.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home