Sunday, March 19, 2006

Miscellany

It was my birthday Saturday. Had a good time and got lots of nice presents.

Spent most of the weekend watching the NCAA basketball tournament. It was great (as always), but I'm just about basketballed out. At least for three more days until the next round of games start on Thursday.

I was fortunate enough to see (and hear) a Monette trumpet in action on Wednesday. I had Mr. Rogers turned on for Sydney while I was getting ready for work. Wynton Marsalis was on it jamming for Mr. Rogers and the neighborhood.

Sydney is really starting to chew. Even with only eight teeth (the rest of them just aren't coming in, darn it) she has been imitating us chewing and has started chewing most of what needs to be chewed on her own. Before we know it she will be ready for "grown up" food.

We're expecting crawling anytime soon. She sits up and lays down (on back or stomach) on her own without any problem. She will even get on her hands and knees on her own. She rocks and reaches out like she wants to go but just isn't doing it yet. Sometimes she will even move backward a little bit. She just hasn't figured out the forward yet.

Her first birthday is only a couple weeks away. The official celebration will be on Saturday, April 1. (No, really.) The cake is ordered. Sydney gets her own personal cake to smash, squish, play with and smear all over.

Her one-year check up will also be coming soon. Expect official reports on length and weight then.

We're also looking forward to the one-year birthday because it means she will be able to have her car seat turned around. Yay! She's a very big baby so we have no worries about her meeting the requirements to be forward facing. We also think she'll be happier being able to see us. (We know we'll be happier being able to see her easier.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

Is that a state law about the car seat? Grandma is a bit out of date - like 30+ years - on the car seat laws.

It's so excited to hear what Sydney is doing. I can hardly wait to see her and make friends again.

I'm sure she doesn't remember me by this time, but I remember the sweet happy baby she was last time I saw her.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are also looking forward to a visit from Sydney's favorite Aunt Helena, right??? And don't give me any of this I'm her only Aunt Helena, I'd still be here favorite it there we 10,000.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol at "only" 8 teeth

Emme has 2 in completly and 3 just peeking through.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home