Monday, February 18, 2008

Almost a New Post

Vacation was great. Computer is fixed. (It was the secondary hard drive having issues, so nothing too serious to fix and all that content was backed up.)

A longer vacation post will be up sometime hopefully soon. It depends on how long it takes to get through the 600-700 pictures I took on the trip.

Now, most of those pictures were of animals at Sea World, the Zoo, the Wild Animal Park or the aquarium. There are also many of various displays at Legoland. So many of the pictures will not see the light of the internet and be posted here or in my online photo album. But I still need to go through them all and that will take a while.

And then I'll need to write up a post about the vacation and all the fun and exciting things we did. That will be a long one and have lots of pictures and some videos, too. So you've been forewarned.

But until that post is ready, here's some fun and exciting stuff for you. My online friend NEO recently had a post with his Bucket List. So I'll do a Bucket List to help pass the time and give you something fresh to read.

A Bucket List, in case you don't know (from the movie of the same name that is or was recently out) is a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket.

Part of NEO's stipulation was to have one item for every year you have been alive. I'm not going to do that.

First of all, as you get older your Bucket List should be getting shorter. At least that's what I think.

Second of all, if I made a list with 38 things a lot of it would just be filler. There are a lot of places I would like to see and visit before I die, but I don't see a need to list every single one individually. It could easily fill more than my list with places I want to go. And if I did break it down, where do I draw the line? Is it enough to say that I want to go to New Zealand? Or should I list the cities in New Zealand I would like to visit? The specific sites within those cities I want to see?

Anyway, that's why I made my list as long as it is without trying to pump it up to a designated requirement.

  1. Travel and see more of the world. There are more places than I could reasonably list.
  2. Go to space. They keep promising that commercial space flight will be along soon. We'll see.
  3. Sky dive. I bungee jumped many years ago and loved it. And I wanted to sky dive even before I wanted to bungee jump.
  4. Watch my daughter grow up into a beautiful woman.
  5. Pay off my house and all debt.
  6. Buy lake property.
  7. Build a cabin on said property (if it doesn't already have one).
  8. Retire as early as possible.
  9. Write book. Though not necessarily have it published. This is mainly for my own enjoyment and sense of accomplishment. And for anyone feeling the need to comment about it, yes I am familiar with NaNoWriMo. I completed it in 2004, but I'm not really sure that I consider 50,000 words a "book". Plus my story wasn't really an original story. It was an adaptation of a movie that was a remake of another movie.

If anyone is reading this who hasn't done a Bucket List and you feel like making one, consider yourself tagged.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nettie said...

Oooh, I'm looking forward to holiday pics! And it's great to hear from you again!

3:17 AM  
Blogger NEO said...

What a lame list. No just kidding, I don't think I said it had to be one for every year, I just got that from whom I copied it from, so that is what I did.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sky dive? Yikes, that's something I have nightmares about...

Looking forward to the next post!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home