Monday, November 26, 2007

GMA Update - Call To Arms

I was making Sydney lunch on Monday when I got a call. It was work. They asked if Sydney could be at the Resort at 4:00 PM today.

Apparently our regular 4:30 PM cruise was going to be used by Good Morning, America to film some things for the show on Wednesday morning. The cruise was woefully lacking in people signed up for it so they were calling employees with children to see if they could make it for the cruise.

So we switched our cruise from Wednesday to today.

It was a bit of a pain in the butt. Not with scheduling and Anne trying to get Sydney down for the cruise. But because they were filming things for the show which means we were on GMA time and not regular cruise time. We were about ten minutes late leaving on the cruise. When we got to the North Pole it was almost a half hour over there as various things were filmed. Santa and Mrs. Claus were brought on the boat so we could film with them. On the way back we had to slow down and steer close to the 5:30 PM cruise coming out. We had to wave at them and they waved back as we passed very, very close. Then we took another, very slow trip around the boardwalk so they could film the lights.

All in all it wasn't a bad thing. But with the two year old it was a bit challenging at times and long.

Sydney did well overall. She wasn't real excited about Santa, though. She got a little bit freaked out by him even though she was never that close to him. (She did really like the candy cane Mrs. Claus gave her. She had a death grip on it for the rest of the cruise.)

When they came on board to film we all gathered around Santa. He said something like, "Merry Christmas from the Coeur d'Alene Resort in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and," and then we all said "Good Morning, America," and cheered.

While we were filming that I was behind Santa and just over his left shoulder. I'm holding Sydney up. Anne is on my left.

They had three takes on that. I have no idea which one they'll use, but probably the second or third one. Hopefully the second. That's the one where Sydney was actually looking toward the camera. The other two she had her head turned away and buried in my shoulder. Ah, well.

If they use the shot of us waving at the other boat you'll probably see us, too. But since we were facing away from the camera I don't know what kind of shot it was or where we are in it.

And if you can't recognize Sydney after all the pictures you've seen here you can at least look for her in her hat.

I'm not sure how late I'm working tomorrow night. Grandma and Grandpa M are in town. They said they would sleep over here tomorrow so I don't have to worry about getting home right away. I think I mentioned in my last post that I'm working late Tuesday night because of this thing. The taping starts at 4:00 AM local time.

There's probably more I could tell about this, but none of it is immediately important and I'm tired and slightly mushy-brained. Next post should have some pictures in it, but probably none of the GMA experience.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nettie said...

Seeing as I won't see GMA, I'm more interested in seeing your photos :)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, when you say your resort does Christmas in a "big way," you're not joking around! I loved the footage on GMA -- thanks for the alert!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, you went so long between updates, I got lax in checking you. I love all the vids! No costume pics though?

I hate that I missed all the GMA hoopla. I'm more of a Today show fan. Sounds like the holidays are a blast up there!

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home