Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Five Little Pumpkins

What? Another blog post? From ME!?

Well, yes.  November is National Novel Writing Month.   I'm sure there's probably a blog version of that out there somewhere.  (That's what my mom may have been doing posting every day in October.)  But I'm not doing any official blog version.  I'm just doing my own version.

Since I certainly don't have time to participate in NaNoWriMo this year I'm going to attempt to at least update my blog regularly this month.  It won't be every day.  Heck, I already missed November 1.  And November 2 if you count the Halloween post as being posted after midnight so it was posted on November 3.  But look, this is the second post already on November 3.

Anyway, my goal is just to post on as many days as I can.  It won't be every day. Some posts will be short and sweet.  Some posts will be long and sweet.  Some probably won't even be sweet.  But I do have a lot of content to catch up on from the last several months and more stuff happening this month that I'll be writing about.  So we'll see how this goes.  Check back regularly.

Near the end of September Anne sheepishly admitted that we should have signed Sydney up for three days of preschool.  Sydney really likes going to preschool and it was more Anne not wanting to be away fom her so much as thinking that she couldn't handle it.  So we talked to the school and got Sydney signed up for a third day.

A lot of times Sydney doesn't remember what she did in school.  But many times she does.  When asked about friends she can't remember any names except her teacher.  When I take her in there are several kids that come up and say hello and call her by name and sometimes even give her hugs.  But she doesn't remember their names.

But here is one of the things that Sydney does remember from school.  She was reciting it over and over again the last few days before Halloween and on Halloween.  This video was taken at the table right after we finished eating dinner on Halloween.  A transcript follows the video in case you can't make out what she's saying (and the first word or two are cut off since she started before I was ready).




[Five little] pumpkins sitting on a gate,
The first one said, "oh my it's getting late".
The second one said, "there are witches in the air".
The third one said, "we don't care".
The [fourth] one said, "let's run and run and run".
The fifth one said, "it's only Halloween fun".
Oooo came the witch, and out went the lights,
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

As long as you throw in a picture of Sydney, it doesn't matter how much you write. Can't get too many Sydney pictures.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Aww, she's so cute! I love the songs they teach kids in those early grades!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home